Pregnancy, Childbirth, & Postpartum Doula
As Your Doula, I will provide:
- A no obligation, introductory meeting to determine if we are a good match.
- Emotional support throughout pregnancy, labor, & early postpartum.
- Multiple prenatal home visits to discuss your needs and wants, as well as prepare you for labor, birth, & your newborn. I prefer to meet no less than 2-3 times prior to birth, more if possible. I will provide you with information and resources related to labor and childbirth.
- Naturally focused selections for a more comfortable pregnancy and birth.
- Unlimited email and telephone advice and support throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- Breastfeeding information, preparation, and support. I am not a breastfeeding consultant, but will refer you to one if you would like.
- Assistance with developing your birth plan.
- Alternatives to medical pain relief during labor & comfort measures such as massage, positioning, aromatherapy, breathing exercises, meditation, etc.
- 1-2 meetings postpartum, per family’s wishes to review the birth & offer support.
- Reiki is also included in your Birth Services, Just let me know if you are interested.
As Your Doula, I will not:
- make any promises of a pain-free labor or birth or make any guarantees of the outcome of labor.
- provide you with any medical or clinical based assessments, advice, or exams such as blood pressure readings, vaginal exams, or fetal heart tones.
- make any decisions for you or on your behalf at any time.
- replace your partner, unless we have previously agreed that is my role.
Reiki is an ancient Japanese method of healing that uses energy to balance the body and mind. This technique involves a series of hand positions placed on or over the client’s body to free energy blockages. By realigning energy flow, we enhance the body’s natural ability to heal. Reiki leaves people feeling relaxed, light, and peaceful.
The AromaTouch Technique is the application of essential oil to the back and feet. This technique combines the unique benefits of human touch with the power of essential oils to create an overall wellness experience. The essential oils used in the AromaTouch Technique were chosen for their individual and combined aromatic properties.
Mentorship for Doulas
So, you have gone through training , but now what? What’s next? How do you book clients?What should you do at prenatals? Gain confidence, learn techniques, and build your doula business with the support of a mentor.
The Diverse Doula Mentorship Program is designed to support doulas at any stage of their journey. My goal is to support you to becoming confident and skilled birth workers. Our coaching supports you as a doula while ensuring you gain the skills necessary to be effective and competent for your families.
- Monthly one-on-one sessions with your Mentor
- Monthly Doula Circles
- On-Call Phone Support for births
- Assistance with contracts and access to forms
- And most of all Community!