As Your Doula, I will provide:
- A no obligation, introductory meeting to determine if we are a good match.
- Emotional support throughout pregnancy, labor, & early postpartum.
- Multiple prenatal home visits to discuss your needs and wants, as well as prepare you for labor, birth, & your newborn. I prefer to meet no less than 2-3 times prior to birth, more if possible. I will provide you with information and resources related to labor and childbirth.
- Naturally focused selections for a more comfortable pregnancy and birth.
- Unlimited email and telephone advice and support throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- Breastfeeding information, preparation, and support. I am not a breastfeeding consultant, but will refer you to one if you would like.
- Assistance with developing your birth plan.
- Alternatives to medical pain relief during labor & comfort measures such as massage, positioning, aromatherapy, breathing exercises, meditation, etc.
- 1-2 meetings postpartum, per family’s wishes to review the birth & offer support.
- Reiki is also included in your Birth Services, Just let me know if you are interested.
As Your Doula, I will not:
- make any promises of a pain-free labor or birth or make any guarantees of the outcome of labor.
- provide you with any medical or clinical based assessments, advice, or exams such as blood pressure readings, vaginal exams, or fetal heart tones.
- make any decisions for you or on your behalf at any time.
- replace your partner, unless we have previously agreed that is my role.